Dynamic Women Self Defense Workshop - Level 1
Taught by Street Defense Instructor Bekah Harvey, this effective workshop is designed for women of all ages who may or may not have had previous training. You will receive state-of-the-art training on the fundamentals of a variety of practical techniques including anti-assault tactics, ground defense, punches, grabs, chokes, hair pulls, and more. You will also get training in situational awareness to help give solutions to potential situations before they even occur.
Level 1 begins with a short, interactive presentation about Alarm Induced Stress (aka the Fight or Flight Response) and how it effects the brain (critical thinking), the muscles (motor skills), adrenaline, vision and hearing (and more) in a self-defense situation. Training will then continue by learning various practical, easy to learn self-defense techniques.
Attendees will learn:
- Reading aggressive body language cues
- Situational Awareness
- Various empty handed self-defense techniques
- Backpack and carry bag defenses
- Identification and use of improvised weapons (keys, pen, cell phone, other)
- Creating space (for decision making) and 911 procedures
Cost: $45.00 per participant